Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sherri Burgess

Last night me, my mom and my sister-in-law Crystal went to our church (Gardendale First Baptist) for "Ladies Night Out/Chit-Chat & Chocolate." We met for dinner at Chick-Fil-A and then on to the church for desserts. Well after waiting in line to get our desserts, which we were really wanting the cheesecake everyone was walking around with, there was no cheesecake left on the table. Oh well, we got over that and chose something else. After our 45 minute breakout session, we all went to the sanctuary where we were all anxious to her Sherri Burgess speak. Wow, she is a very powerful woman. It was not exactly what we were expecting out of her, but nonetheless, very powerful. I could not imagine loosing a small child as she did and still be able to glorify God the way she has. She is truly a remarkable woman. I really recommend if you ever get a chance to go and hear her, that you take the opportunity. I had a great time spending time with my mom and Crystal during our "Ladies Night Out" and really look forward to another one real soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I had no idea she was coming to G'dale 1st Baptist. I bet hearing her speak was wonderful. Sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete