Friday, March 6, 2009
CAN I TAKE BACK MY WEDNESDAY RANT?
Last night Natalie had a game at Hueytown. For those who dont know, Hueytown is the reigning 6A State Champs in softball. Corner is only a 4A school. As you will remember from my previous "rant", in three games Natalie has got to bat one time and pitch one inning. That is all the playing time she has got. As I have said it makes me mad but she is somewhat okay with it. I was beginning to question the coaching (because I know how I would do it). It just makes you wonder why you wouldnt play your best players regardless of what grade they are in.... Well last night while sitting and watching what was going to be one of the best games we have watched in school ball thus far, my mom looks at me and says "Natalie has on a helmet and a bat in her hand." We both kind of chuckled. Okay, he hasnt played her at all so far and he is going to put her in the starting batting lineup against Hueytown????? WOW! We knew that Natalie could handle playing them... she plays that type of ball all summer, we were just waiting for him to give her the chance. When Natalie came to the batters box, she was right in front of us.... she says to us with the funniest face.... "This ant funny, I think I am going to poop on myself." She was so nervous. She flyed out (but got the bat on the ball) and her second time at bat (with Hueytowns #1 pitcher) she struck out but not before fouling one off, and getting hit on the wrist with a screw ball being thrown about 58 mph. We were very proud of her and the coach. He does has some since and knows when he needs big sticks coming to the plate. We know what she can do with a bat in her hand and it want be long until he will see that too. Look for more updates to come on the softball thing. She is supposed to start her first Varsity game pitching this weekend. The Lady Jackets are now 3 & 1.... Hueytown beat us with 1-0 with a solo homerun in the 5th inning :( It was a really good game. Oh yea, my park rat baby does not like the cheering and clapping at all. Every time someone would clap or yell around us he would pucker his bottom lip (which is absolutely adorable) and cry real tears..... He will just have to get used to that! I know everyone wants pics... they will hopeful come this weekend if I get some down time. Natalie plays a round robin tournament in Brookwood all day Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment