Monday, February 9, 2009

Eli's Drop Off At Daycare

Eli's drop off at his first time at daycare went fine. To my surprise (I probably should have asked) the daycare didn't open until 7:30. We arrived in the parking lot at 7:09. My idea was to drop him off and then take Natalie to school. Eli's daycare is on 78 Hwy right before you get to the Walmart in Sumiton and Natalie goes to school at Corner. I had the drive all planned out. Well by 7:15 when no one had arrived at the daycare, I went ahead and took Natalie to school and came back to drop E off. This time thing is really going to put a kink in our morning commute, because Natalie doesnt like to be dropped off any earlier than 7:45!!! You know she is a freshman and it is not cool to have to wait in the gym until school starts! LOL! I guess I will have to continue dropping her off first (she will have to get there a little earlier than 7:45) and then take Eli to the Ivy League. Hopefully that will allow me to be on the road heading to Birmingham by 8:00. Okay at least that is my plans and if you know Natalie, this getting up earlier than usual and making sure we leave on time will not last for long. Natalie has been getting up at 6:30 - 6:45 and we try to leave for school by 7:30 but hear lately it has been 7:45, arriving at school at 7:50-7:55 which means she is late pretty much everyday. She did really good last night and got all her stuff together for school. She usually waits until we are trying to run out the door at 7:45 to try and get together her books, practice clothes, her purse (which weights 50 lbs) and her bat bag for practice during 4th block and/or right after school. I did really good too and had Eli's bag packed and ready to go. I really hope we can continue this routine, if not, I want get getting to work until 9:00 and oh yea, they told me this morning as well that they like the babies to be picked up at 5:00. They don't close until 6:00 but the baby teacher leaves at 5:00 and they don't like to mix the babies with the big kids. Okay, so let me get this straight, cant drop him off until 7:30 and I have to pick him up by 5:00. I really would like to have the job of that parent that can work those hours out with their boss!! Well, most people that know me would have to say that I probably have that boss! Eli was happy when I dropped him off. Ms. Mary put him in a bouncy seat and he was kicking and laughing. I think he will like being there with all the other babies. There are only 4 babies in his room and they are all boys. Well, better go for now. I will post this afternoon on how his day actually went.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some crazy hours! Especially for a daycare. I am glad everything went well. I remember the first day back to work after I had Jake. It was not pretty! Hope everything went well for him at Daycare. I am sure he had as much fun as a baby could have!

    Raven

    ReplyDelete